THE SOZE NYC CALL FOR PUBLIC ART
The Soze Agency is excited to announce: The Soze NYC Call For Public Art; an opportunity for formerly incarcerated artists and artists impacted by the criminal justice system.
The Soze NYC Call For Public Art is designed to create original public art that inspires criminal justice reform. The first call will include five artists whose work will be featured in the five boroughs of New York City, with the hope of inspiring community members, policy makers, advocates and others to join the movement for criminal justice reform.
- Artists may be at any stage of their career.
- Applicants must be New York City based.
- We strongly encourage women, DACA recipients and LGBTQ individuals to apply.
Artists will receive a $5,000.00 honorarium.
Why Public Art?
We know that artists have the ability to distill complex issues and emotions, thereby helping us make sense of the world around us. By engaging audiences through vivid expressions of truth, such as the inhumane conditions of solitary confinement, they inspire us to urgent action. Artists are organizers; connecting people and building power to reimagine the world.
Which Fields Are Invited To Apply?
- Performance Art
- Public Art
Deadline to apply; March 31st, 2018 11:59 pm (EST)
The Soze Agency is not able to grant extensions or accept late submissions.
- Notification of status: April 16th, 2018
- Start date: May 1st, 2018
- Completion date: May 28th, 2018
- The application form
- Written statement (500 words max) or video statement (3 minutes max)
- Outline of proposed work + proposed budget
- Must submit 5 examples of their work
- Resume and/or website link